Saturday, November 29, 2008

Enough is enough

There is breaking news on every news channel...Mumbai siege ends. Is it really so? Some terrorists have been gunned down..alright. But what about hundreds of families who have lost their loved ones? What about the survivors who have seen death closely? What about the sentiments of lakhs of Indians that have been slaughtered ruthlessly? The fact of the matter is that we have got accustomed to such terror attacks. Today its Mumbai, tomorrow some other place. We sit glued to our T.V for couple of days, read every bit of the story and keep ourselves updated. We thank god for keeping us and our loved ones safe...and come to terms with the reality resuming our normal life pretty soon. This is what has gained us a new adjective: 'resilient'. It is good to show resilience, but of late it has been taken for granted, not alone by the terrorists but also by our very own political parties who are supposedly elected to safeguard us. The question arises here is..how is the common man supposed to react? If we introspect a bit, we shall get the answer.
Be it 1993 serial blasts or the recent train blasts, terrorism has become a part of our lives, how much ever we try to deny, atleast till we have some strong terror-laws in place . So we must not forget that we cant get lucky everytime such a disaster happens. Life today, is unpredictable. But I cant allow just anyone to decide my fate or the fate of my fellow innocent countrymen. And I think here the exemplary showcase of bravery and determination of our NSG commandos, hotel staff and the cops is worth a many many salutes.
Till recently I was afraid; of terror-strikes, disasters, and death. A mere sight of an ghastly act or its aftermath used to send a chill down my spine. But I have had enough of it, and I am tired now; of being weak, scared and helpless. And this exactly has helped me evolve as a fearless person from within. Death is inevitable. So if our politicians are unable to secure us thats our sheer bad luck. Its our bad-luck because, in this age and time we dont see any political party that is fit to safeguard our interests. And we are weary of asking questions.
So there is one option left.... lets die like a true martyr..
I have made a promise to myself...the next time I happen to visit any of my favourite mall, restaurant, or simply travelling back home and god-forbid I am not as fortunate, I shall give a tough fight.....because..... enough is enough.

1 comment:

Shreyas said...

great resolve... i feel the only way to crush terrorism is to stand up to it... i know its tuf but we hv to develop the mental resolve required for it...remember this- jaana hi pada to atleast ek ko leke jaaneka